Friday, March 5, 2010

One week to go!

Allsvenskan 2010 is just a week away. Having seen one of the closest title races in 2009 can we expect more of the same this year? the answer may very well be yes. Many sides are looking good among these are Elfsborg, IFK Goteborg, Kalmar, AIK? and maybe Helsingborgs.

Predictions:
My predictions were well off last year as I predicted Elfsborg to win the title. But I am going to stick with Elfsborg for this year because I still beleive they have the strongest squad in the league. Yes IFK Goteborg have good players and were unlucky in 2009 but Elfsborg have had this squad for years now and it's about time they add a title to the 2007 success.

Europe:
Obviously the race for Europe will be tight. BK Hacken were desperatly unlucky not to snatch a Europa League place from Kalmar but they have a bit of experience now and could challenge. Malmo will be stronger this year. They lacked consistency last year despite that late season push. Helsingborgs will definetly be back in the mix and Orebro might cause a shock or two. Gefle may also challenge having made some good signings during the winter.

Relegation:
Relegation has been tight in recent years but having lost Hammarby in 2009 the scrap could involve another big name. Djurgarden I think will be safe this year and may not be involved at all. IF Brommapojkarna will be in trouble but they will be joined by Mjallby and Atvidabergs in the fight. GAIS may also be dragged into the frame again.

So there it is my predictions. Last year I was pathetic at my predictions but I have a feeling I have success this year. Elfsborg for the title. Mjallby, Atvidabergs to go back down and IF Brommapojkarna to go into the play-off.

No comments: